Fill out the Tenant Search Request Form to get started. We will follow up with a list of rental options.
Being prepared with your documentation PRIOR to viewing will increase your chances of securing a rental quickly.
One of our licensed, rental agents will arrange to show you several options in one booking. We will aid you in the preparation of the offer and lease.
What is the current status of the rental market?
The Toronto rental market is HOT, fast-paced and competitive! With vacancy rates at an all time low (around 1%), this means that landlords can afford to be selective over their tenant choices. It is very common for properties to receive multiple offers at this time.
When should I start looking for a rental?
Most rentals are listed 1-2 months before they are available for rent. If you are looking to rent AFTER 2 months, chances are, you won't have any options to look at.
Why do you need to know my credit score and income?
Most landlords have a specific qualifying criteria. To best utilize your time (and ours), we first pre-qualify you to determine which properties are better suited for your budget. If there are major credit issues, we can then advise you of alternative options.
I currently live overseas but will be relocating to GTA. Can I secure a rental before I get there?
Sure. A friend or family member can view properties on your behalf. If this is not possible, we can arrange a 'live' video tour via Whatsapp or Skype.
What is the rental process like?
- Prepare application documents in advance
- Schedule showings for several properties in one booking
- Apply immediately after viewing to avoid the risk of losing the property to multiple offers
- Wait up to 48 hours for an answer from the landlord
1) Funds for your deposit. You should have 1st and last month's rent easily accessible. If your application is approved, you will be required to provide the deposit (must be CERTIFED CHEQUE or BANK DRAFT) within 24 hours.
2) Rental Application (download link below)
3) Credit report with score. You can get this on www.equifax.ca. The cost is $23.95.
4) Job letter or employment contract.
If you are a newcomer or self-employed, the landlord may request additional documents to verify your ability to pay the rent. This can include:
5) Bank statements
6) Tax returns (for self-employed individuals)
7) Valid residency documents or working visa
Real Estate Salesperson
Search Realty Corp., Brokerage
50 Village Centre Pl. Suite 100
Mississauga, Ontario L4Z 1V9